Psalm 88, Singing in the Darkness
- This Song shapes our expectations of the life of faith
- This Song calls us to be honest with God (and with others)
- This Song speaks of God’s Sovereignty in the darkness
- This Song warns us to flee from the wrath to come
- This Song leads us to love Jesus more
- This Song is not the final song
- Those who sing this Song can help others to sing in the darkness
Session 2 questions for reflection
- How did you feel reading through Psalm 88? Did anything resonate from times of darkness that you have faced?
- Do you think that Emmanuel is a place where you can be honest with God and with each other in the dark times?
- How does this Psalm help you see more of Jesus, and grow in love with Him?
- How can the local church be a community where those who are facing deep challenges and struggles find support and help?