What does it mean to be church as we emerge from lockdown? – 1 Peter 2:4-10
Outline of Sermon
Unrestricted Church: What does it mean to be church as we emerge from lockdown?
Why not just stay indoors?
TEXT: 1 Pet.2:4-10
- Our new identity
We are God’s chosen people, a spiritual house vv4-5
- called out of darkness into light
- You are living stones held together
- By the precious Cornerstone- Christ
- We are God’s special possession v9
2. You are called
Holy and priestly people of God vv4,9.
Your calling is linked to who you are and to your identity
- We are ambassadors (2 Cor.5:17-20)
- We are agents of reconciliation
- We offer Spiritual Sacrifices through Jesus Christ” (1 Pet.2 v.5).
- Our calling involves blessing the world in Christ
- The church models unity and friendship in diversity
- The church is called to develop, to protect people and care for creation
3. The emerging church
- The church is relational and outward looking
- Missional in its calling
- Therefore the church cannot remain indoors