Update Monday 2 November
Due to new Government restrictions, our in person services are on hold until Sunday 6 December at the earliest. Please join us for our services online if you are able.
We are thrilled to be streaming our weekly Sunday service both online and in the Church building. If you are interested in registering for a service please go to the What’s On / Calendar page and click on the service you are wanting to attend and follow the instructions. Alternatively, you can do this via your ChurchSuite account here. We have capacity for approximately 40 people so if many more than this number register, then we will look to hold a second service, But for now, we are planning on holding one service at 10.30am. You can of course continue to watch the service from home, using the link on the website homepage or above in the header.
We are continuing to monitor and follow the UK Government’s and the Church of England’s guidance, so if anything changes, we will keep you posted here and in the Emmanuel Update.
Further down on this page you will find a helpful video of our minister Bart Erlebach walking through the process of coming back to Church and also step-by-step guidance on coming to the service.
Help for coming back to Church- please have a look at this helpful video, shown during the online service on Sunday 9 August, about coming back to Church for services.
Step-by-step guidance for coming back to Church
- Please register your household attendance online or phone the office during the week leading up to the service – unless you hear back from someone, your registration has been successful. Only those over 18 years need to be registered. Children and Young People attending their groups will be registered on arrival by their group leaders.
- Please arrive anytime from 10am on the morning of the service and queue in front of the main doors to the Church, observing social distancing
- Please remember to bring a facemask
- Please scan the NHS Test and Trace QR code if you are able to
- Please check-in with the person welcoming on the door (they will have the registration list). For last minute entrants, please register in the vestibule, although we cannot guarantee that there will be enough space for you
- On your way through the vestibule into the Church, please use the hand sanitiser provided
- If you need a Bible, please pick one up in the Church before finding a seat- it would be helpful if your household (or anyone in your bubble) could select a group of chairs which matches your numbers
- Please remember to keep you distance for the entire time that you are at Church
- Please remember that we are currently not permitted to sing out loud during the service but do join in with saying the confession and Lord’s prayer out loud
- Once the service has ended, please exit the building, beginning with the row furthest to the back. Please leave without too much delay and do not stop to chat or form a group together with anyone outside your household
Also important to note:
- For now, we will not be sharing communion together but we hope to be able to do this soon
- The toilets in the hall will be available for use- please observe the queuing system as indicated by the tape on the floor
- The offering plate will be available in the usual place at the back of Church
- There will be no refreshments served following the service
- Our online service will continue for the forseable future and it is our hope that we will migrate to a live-streamed service from Emmanuel, once more restrictions are lifted
- If someone who attends the service subsequently tests positive for Covid-19, we will contact the Government Track & Trace team who will then begin the necessary process of contacting all those who affected (this is another reason why it is important to register for the service). If you attend a service, become unwell and think you may have Covid-19, please do contact the office immediately.