Updated Wednesday 31 March 2021, following new roadmap restriction easing.
We are meeting weekly at Emmanuel for our service and live-streaming
for those who wish to continue engaging from home.
If you are interested in registering for a service please go to the What’s On / Calendar page and click on the service you are wanting to attend and follow the instructions. Alternatively, you can do this via your ChurchSuite account here. Please read the step-by-step- guidance for attending services in Church that can be found at the bottom of the page. Remember that face coverings are mandatory for everyone coming into the building, for services and otherwise. We would highly recommend for anyone who is extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 to stay at home as much as possible and observe social distancing guidance at all times. Please continue to watch the service from home, using the link on the website homepage or above in the header.
All Children and Youth Groups (JAM, Pathfinders and Vision) are meeting online until Sunday 11 April (although not for East Sunday) and returning to the building from 18 April. Please look out for Zoom details from Chris Bruce.
We are continuing to monitor and follow the UK Government’s and the Church of England’s guidance, so if anything changes, we will keep you posted here and in the Emmanuel Update. We have completed a comprehensive Risk Assessment and are reviewing and updating it regularly, following any new and amended guidelines. If you would like to see our Risk Assessment, please contact the office. Alternatively, a copy is available when you register to attend a service.
Step-by-step guidance for attending services in the Church building
- Please register your household attendance online or phone the office during the week leading up to the service – unless you hear back from someone, your registration has been successful. Only those over 18 years need to be registered.
- Please arrive anytime from 10.15am on the morning of the service and queue in front of the main doors to the Church, observing social distancing, a minimum of 2 meters
- Face coverings are mandatory at all times in the Church building
- Please scan the NHS Test and Trace QR code if you are able to
- Please check-in with the person welcoming on the door (they will have the registration list). For last minute entrants, please register in the vestibule, although we cannot guarantee that there will be enough space for you
- On your way through the vestibule into the Church, please use the hand sanitiser provided
- If you need a Bible, please pick one up in the Church before finding a seat- it would be helpful if your household (or anyone in your bubble) could select a group of chairs which matches your numbers
- Please remember to keep you distance for the entire time that you are at Church, including when you are coming and going from Church
- Please remember that we are currently not permitted to sing out loud during the service but do join in with saying the confession and Lord’s prayer out loud
- Once the service has ended, please exit the building, beginning with the row furthest to the back. A duty warden will ask people to leave one household at a time
- Please leave immediately and do not stop to chat or form a group together with anyone outside your household outside the front of Church
- We aim to share communion together on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month using fellowship cups. These will be available for you to collect on the way to your seat in Church.
- The toilets in the hall will be available for use- please observe the queuing system as indicated by the tape on the floor
- The offering plate will be available in the usual place at the back of Church
- There will be no refreshments served following the service
- If someone who attends the service subsequently tests positive for Covid-19, we will contact the Government Track & Trace team who will then begin the necessary process of contacting all those who affected (this is another reason why it is important to register for the service). If you attend a service, become unwell and think you may have Covid-19, please do contact the office immediately.