Our aim is for people to:
COME to Jesus
At heart Christianity is all about Jesus. We long for more and more people to see who Jesus really is, that he is the only one who can rescue us from our rebellion against God and that he is Lord of all. With Jesus there is life and forgiveness. Without him we have nothing.
GROW in Him
The only way to grow as a Christian is to stick with Jesus; to read the Bible, pray and meet with other Christians. While our Sunday services are our main meetings we also value meeting together in small groups.
GO out to serve Him
Jesus sends us out into the world to live for him whether at home or at work. We want to equip and support one another in living for Jesus wherever he has placed us.
What We Believe
We believe that the Bible is the word of God and that it is the final authority when it comes to matters of faith.
We believe that the following statement of faith is in line with what the Bible teaches:
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.
Bart is married to Bev and they have three children: Ollie, Ella and Toby. Bart loves preaching the Bible and seeing God at work in people’s lives.
When not involved in ministry he likes spending time with his family, going out for meals with his wife, watching cricket and eating take-away.
You can contact Bart on email@example.com.
Meet Chris! Get to know our new Minister for Children and Youth in an interview with Bart
Children’s & Youth Minister
Chris is married to Ronali and they have three girls: Justeen, Zoe and Grace. Chris loves seeing God’s Word effect and change young people, seeing them find Christ and serve Him in their lives.
He also enjoys spending time with his family, camping, board games and waiting for the Springboks to beat the British teams.
You can contact Chris on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jen works in the office at Emmanuel most weekdays. She is also secretary to the Emmanuel PCC. If you have any questions about anything that goes on at Emmanuel, please contact Jen.
You can contact Jen at email@example.com